New Show Me Tell Me Questions 2018
As part of the driving test, you will be asked two questions. One Tell me question before you start driving and one show me question which will you be asked whilst you are driving.
Can you fail on the show me tell me section of the test?
Getting the answers wrong on the show me tell me will get you a minor driving fault. Since the changes to the driving test were introduced, you will be asked a question while you are driving. If you make a mistake whilst trying to answer the question it may lead to a test fail.
Tell me how you’d check that the brakes are working before starting a journey.
Answer:Brakes should not feel spongy or slack. Brakes should be tested as you set off. Vehicle should not pull to one side.
2.Tell me where you’d find the information for the recommended tyre pressures for this car and how tyre pressures should be checked.
Answer: Manufacturer’s guide, use a reliable pressure gauge, check and adjust pressures when tyres are cold, don’t forget spare tyre, remember to refit valve caps.
3. Tell me how you make sure your head restraint is correctly adjusted so it provides the best protection in the event of a crash.
Answer: The head restraint should be adjusted so the rigid part of the head restraint is at least as high as the eye or top of the ears, and as close to the back of the head as is comfortable. Note: Some restraints might not be adjustable.
4. Tell me how you’d check the tyres to ensure that they have sufficient tread depth and that their general condition is safe to use on the road.
Answer: No cuts and bulges, 1.6mm of tread depth across the central three-quarters of the breadth of the tyre, and around the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
5. Tell me how you’d check that the headlights and tail lights are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Answer: Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
6. Tell me how you’d know if there was a problem with your anti-lock braking system.
Answer: Warning light should illuminate if there is a fault with the anti-lock braking system.
7. Tell me how you’d check the direction indicators are working. You don’t need to exit the vehicle.
Answer: Explain you’d operate the switch (turn on ignition if necessary), and then walk round vehicle (as this is a ‘tell me’ question, you don’t need to physically check the lights).
8. Tell me how you’d check the brake lights are working on this car.